Wednesday 25 May 2016

Inside look into Animes I love (Part 3 - Red Garden and Puella Magi Madoka Magica)



Hey Guys, sorry it took so long for me to write part 3. I've been sick and there have been some personal matters I had to attend to but I'm back and ready to write up a storm! kind of..

Red Garden and Magical Girl Madoka are the prime focus for part 3. The reason why I chose these two animes in particular is because they provide a completely unique experience compared to other animes in the same genre, if Red Garden even shares a genre with anything else.



The story follows four normal New York girls named Claire, Kate, Rose and Rachel. One day they wake up with no memory of what happened the night before and at night they're brought to a caged car park to fight a man who turns into a demon. The thing about the story that drew me to it was the fact that especially at the start, these normal girls are forced into a fight with an insanely strong demons with no fight experiences and no powers. You feel the fear, the adrenaline, the regrets and everything in between. Over time they adapt, grow stronger and you truly feel the growth.

My first exposure to this anime was when I was browsing tv and stumbled on it on Animax Asia. It was a horrific scene where the girl's keepers showed them the consequences of choosing not to fight or giving up hope. It scarred and intrigued me, it was amazing. After I finished the series, I tried to find an anime similar to this because I was thirsting for more but I could not find anything. It truly stands on its own in being absolutely unique. Also the art is amazingly stylized and is quite quirky.



Puella Magi Madoka Magica, if you know your anime, you've heard of this one. It took the magical girl genre which is pretty prominent on its own and turned it on its head. One wrong move by any of these cute protagonist and boom, they're gone, dead in pretty brutal ways. The characters are likeable enough with the twist ending being something I did not anticipate through the series. I'm not a huge fan of the super cute chibi character designs but the designs are highly exaggerated to prove the point that while it and the seemingly innocent op might look a certain way, not to judge a book by its cover.

The thing they both share in common is their uniqueness. Say if I craved a shonen anime or manga, I could find a few I like in the massive pool in the genre but I can't find another Red Garden or another Madoka. Please do leave a comment if you disagree or you'd like to recommend an anime for me to watch that you think I might like! :) til next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join my gaming cult!