Thursday 5 May 2016

Spring Anime 2016 Soul! ( Kiznaiver )




So rumor has it that it's spring in Japan and that means a whole new set of animes coming out. Well thats untrue, at this time most of them have done half their episode run but while I'm coming late I want to try and do a series where I watch the first episodes of a Spring 2016 anime and let you guys know my initial reactions and whether or not I would be willing to continue the series whether now or in the future when they finish their run. I'll watch anything from half an episode to a maximum of 3 (because the season is already half way in) depending on how long it takes me to get a feel of a certain anime.

The first anime that caught my eye was Kiznaiver, from the promotional poster, I'm immediately attracted to the art and character design. The synopsis at first read sounds promising.

(Taken from My Anime List)

The fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.'


Initial Impression: I am obsessed with the art style, it's absolutely beautiful and is a great representation of modern anime art style more in the veins of Digimon Tri and Magical Girl Madoka. The characters seem likable enough, there are stereotypes but it's because each character represents a re-imagining of the seven deadly sins. Also the opening and ending themes are very nice to listen to and look at.




From the art, I expected a dark story with borderline morbid characters, and while this might change later on, the characters and tones are a little more lighthearted than I'd expect. It was actually a pleasant surprise. I found myself laughing at a few jokes and scenes.

The future: The story from the first episode left me intrigued. I will definitely continue this series past the first episode and maybe even write a full length review on it. For now, it's definitely a must check out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come join my gaming cult!